This Internet Security Statement covers the measures that First Allied takes to help secure the personal information of our clients. This Internet Security Statement is subject to change without notice to you, so we recommend that you review it regularly.
Our Information Security Program
First Allied maintains a comprehensive Privacy and Security Program based on ISO 27001/27002 standards. The program is comprised of administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the personal information of our customers. Some of the core features of the program include:
- Policies and standards that govern information technology resources, protect information assets and safeguard personal information
- Technologies such as firewalls, encryption, endpoint protection, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, and data loss prevention
- Ongoing testing and verification of security controls conducted by independent third parties
- Internal testing and verification of security controls
- Ongoing threat and vulnerability assessment and remediation
- 24/7 monitoring of our systems and networks to detect weakness and potential intrusions
- Processes executed at consistent intervals designed to continuously assess and remediate potential security risks
- Due diligence to manage risk when selecting and retaining external vendors and service providers that help us service your needs
- Ongoing mandatory security awareness program for staff and branch personnel
Encryption technology is designed to secure personal and confidential communications between your computer and First Allied servers, such that they are protected from being read by any third parties. First Allied web and mobile applications require 128-bit SSL encryption - the standard for encrypting and safeguarding websites.
Cookies are small items of data that websites store in your browser. These data files contain information the site can use to track and organize the pages you have visited, and to gather information. Some First Allied websites use cookie technology to measure site activity and to manage your active sessions. This helps us deliver a website experience that is fast, secure and personalized.
Sessions and System Inactivity
All First Allied websites allowing access to client personal information require you to log in using a username and password. While you are logged in, if you leave your browser window open, First Allied applications will automatically log you out after a period of inactivity. Similarly, if you close your browser window or mobile application window without logging out, you will be automatically logged out. Both of these measures are designed to protect your information from unintended access by a passerby or different user of your computer.
Other Security Measures
First Allied engages in a number of other security activities to help ensure the safety and privacy of our clients’ personal information. We monitor our website, servers and data 24 hours a day to help us immediately identify and rectify any problems. We test our computer systems regularly to identify and remediate any security vulnerabilities.